View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Calguns Addict

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranemech View Post
The membership is $150 a year, that entitles you to shoot on the ranges for $3 vs the $14 non-member price.

Use of the "action bays" is contingent on going through an orientation on the bays and has a $5 fee.

All fees are for the day, not hourly.

NRA membership is a mandatory requirement and the club offers a discounted $25 NRA membership

The membership is a "family membership", you, your spouse and your children under 18.

They offer a volunteer program where you provide your labor (10 hours per year) in return for a reduced membership rate, $100 versus $150.

I tell people the story of my first trip there. A buddy of mine, who is a member, and I were in the area coming back from a trip further up the hill. We stopped in so he could introduce me to the club, and as we had been on the road for a while, I headed for the restroom first. After I finished, I came out and told him "I am going to join, they passed my bathroom test". The restroom was very clean, no graffiti, etc. That told me that the membership, range staff, etc. cared about the premises.

I try to shoot my pistol(s) there at least twice a month, anyone that wants to meet there, let me know.
Also, membership for us 60+ is only $75.

Like cranemech, the first time I went to Sac Valley, I was so impressed, compared to the couple other ranges I had been to, that I bought a membership before I left. I've been going at least twice a month for a couple of years.