View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 4:57 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenl View Post
Wow, some of you put your rifles through the paces. After being deployed twice, and using an ar/m16 since the 70s, I worry more about lost parts than broken ones (I tend to be a fumbled finger klutz).

Warning: Post may contain general statements. These statements are not directed towards anyone specific, unless noted otherwise. That includes you!

(^- that should be my new sig line)

That's not really what this was about. It was more about being prepared and just getting people to think. As opposed to standing by the useless stupid crap I see posted over and over again... Posts along the lines of "I've never had anything break/fail/malfunction" or "get an AK, they never break".

Spare me. It's useless and doesn't help anyone.

In all honesty, I don't care about how many years you spent down range or how many guns you've shot over how ever many decades of your life... You have my respect and I learn from your experience, but at the end of the day it has no bearing on the level of my preparedness or how I think.

I care deeply about being prepared. I absolutely hate when I need something (anything) and I don't have it. I care less about having it and not needing it.

I guess my brain and thought process just work differently. But that's fine.