View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echang72 View Post
i remember you getting this awesome deal! im still getting used to reloading.. i just started not too long ago.. i just reloaded 100 rounds of .45... so far so good..now i just need to go test the loads out -.-
I like my current loads a lot. Will probably stick to them for awhile. Soft shooting and accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliedArmory View Post
Awesome! Reloading is a awesome hobby in the shooting world.

Quick tip on checking primers. Put the made rounds primer side up in a ammo box/tray and feel across the primers to make sure they are all set correctly.
It is an awesome hobby. I get lost in it for awhile. Good feeling not thinking of the daily stress. Thanks for the tip! I did that with the ones I had left to shoot and found a couple bad ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTeacher View Post
I bought my two Lee Pro 1000's for less than $100 bucks each, used. They have been pretty rock solid for tens of thousands of rounds. As long as you know the feel of the press, they will operate trouble free. A little trick I found that helps with the priming system is to disable the case sensor so the primers feed a little more freely onto the priming ram. The downside is that if there is no case present, you have to pluck the primer from the ram and set it to the side, but once I started doing this I have very rarely had any problems with primers going in sideways, etc.

Also, keep that loaded round chute polished with some steel wool and your finished rounds will slide out completely more frequently.

Glad to hear other people having success with this press. It seems they do get a lot of negative reviews for things that can easily be fixed.
I really love the machine. It fits my needs perfectly right now. I'll probably be investing in another machine or at least shell plate carriers for other calibers. I might just try the primer trick. I did polish the loaded round chute and it helped a lot.