View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCCW View Post
Florida does NOT require live fire...

"Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;"

I have confirmed this with the Florida Department of Agriculture.

Additionally, an additional certificate must be sent in with the Florida application packet. A copy of the Utah CCW will not suffice, this is also confirmed by:
Amanda Herring, Public Inquiry Supervisor
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

I'm sorry your having trouble, however, if your Utah instructor didn't offer a Florida certificate of training with his class, there is not much you can do.

BUT: the good news is: Arizona WILL accept a copy of your Utah permit as training, here is email correspondence between myself and the Arizona DPS CCW unit:

My Email: Will a copy of my Utah concealed carry permit be adequate for prof of training under: ARS ยง 13-3112(N)(7)

Response: You can apply with your Utah permit as proof of firearms training.

MRCCW,
Thank you for all the info, plus the phone call. You have been very helpful on this matter. It just sucks (Can I say that on this Board?) that I now have to spend another $150.00 to get my FL CCW.
I did have a Hunter Safety course, but have lost that cert also. It was many years ago and it can not be replaced.

Well live and learn.

Last edited by sully007; 05-21-2011 at 4:29 PM..