View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Cyc Wid It's Avatar
Cyc Wid It Cyc Wid It is offline
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 4,496
iTrader: 24 / 100%

Originally Posted by totus44 View Post
New here...thanks for all the info. But can I get a clear, step by step explanation of the entire process? I'm in the market for a Gen4 Glock 17 and live in San Diego. I've never purchased a gun in CA, but transferred several when I moved into this state back in '91.

I know to start with the HSC...what next? (Thanks in advance.)
If you want to source the gun yourself, then you find a dealer who will do the transfer and conversion for you from the list. They will probably charge some sort of fee for this on top of the transfer fee. What may be easier is buying the gun directly from the dealer doing the conversion, since you won't have to deal with explaining the process to a vendor who doesn't know about the law. Either way you will then DROS the gun in single shot exempt form. After you take possession, you can convert it back to standard form.
Please search/read stickies and permanent links AT THE TOP OF EVERY PAGE before making a thread.
Reply With Quote