View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:50 AM
ausala ausala is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 159
iTrader: 0 / 0%

Originally Posted by bradhe View Post
your local police dept will usually produce this for the asking
You can get a copy of your criminal background report via a Livescan provider:

However, nobody is supposed to ask for your report and you can only provide it to third parties in limited circumstances. From the DOJ FAQ:

No. California Penal Code section 11142 prohibits you from giving a copy of your criminal record to an unauthorized third party. In addition, California Penal Code section 11125 prohibits an individual or agency from requiring you to provide him/her or the agency with a copy of your criminal record or proof that a record does or does not exist. Violation of either of these sections is a misdemeanor offense.
Reply With Quote