View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 9:21 PM
Banned
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFNYC View Post
OP, I'm a liberal gun rights advocate. I'm an old school liberal. Not the controlling Democrats of today. To bad we are all lumped together. I think there are a lot of good republicans here old school too... I am pro gay marriage (Why? Cause if you want to get ****ed in the *** who am I to stop you...) I'm pro separation of church and stated because WTF church is the state suppose to be? Hopefully not islam or southern baptist. Just Sayin' I'm pro-choice because as my mom used to say, Every time I ****ed up, which was often. I brought you into this word I'll take you out... Her choice. Yes, You should be able to spank your kid. We are on here. Just voice your opinion especially on Gun Rights... I have a lot of friends who are Democrats and pro gun rights mostly because of me.

If you really want to freak out the republican's remind them that Martin Luther King Jr. was a republican. lol... Just Sayin' The Party is crumbling.... My mom is a republican because that was the party the help immigrants back in the 70s that believed in what Liberty stood for.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Yes, My mom was an illegal immigrant and is proud to say her 1st vote after getting her citizenship was for Ronald Reagan.
One grandmother was a 1920's legal migrant worker form Juarez, Mexico (when we still had a manageable and sane immigration policy). My other grandmother was an ILLEGAL white immigrant from South Africa by way of an ILLEGAL border crossing from Canada. No one ever questioned her status, but I remember trips to Tijuana where La Imigra hassled my grandmother because the kids in the back seat looked to "white" to be related to her. I remember hanging my head out the window and rattling off in Espanol that I was a "Mestizo Americano", and being waved through.....Ah, those were some good times...

Last edited by Ericb760; 07-09-2013 at 9:26 PM..