View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 7:58 AM

I wrote my Assemblyman (Dan Logue) the following (as Mr Bonta does not want to hear from people outside his district).

Quote:
Can you please bring this up with Assemblyman Bonta?

I am writing you because I see AB174, Weapons: grandfather clauses has been introduced by Assemblyman Bonta. I am greatly concerned with this legislation.

I am truly amazed that such a bill would be introduced by a member of our legislature. This bill clearly shows a complete lack of understanding as to how our government works.

To take something that is legal, and retroactively make it illegal amounts to an Ex Post Facto law.

"An ex post facto law (from the Latin for "from after the action" or "after the fact"), also called a retroactive law, is a law that retroactively changes the legal consequences (or status) of actions that were committed, or relationships that existed,"

Please reference US Constitution Article 1 Sections 9 and 10. Section 9 relates to the Congress, Section 10 relates to the states.

"No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility." -- US Constitution Article 1 Section 10

Is this somehow unclear?

Reply requested to my email. rusty.rebar@gmail.com

Thank you for your time.