View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 7:58 PM
Veteran Member

Default Looking at numbers

We actually have good numbers in the urban areas that we could actually form working groups.

The issue would be will people commit time and money to various projects.

Brandon can't be expected to be everywhere, we haven't perfected cloning yet. Bush's policies on stem cells sets that back eight years.

A few people can get much done.

The Michigan Coalition of firearms owners got started with 8 people and grew to 50,000 strong by the time they got shall issue passed in the legislature.

Ohio did the same thing, as well as other states. We have plenty of other organizations that we can learn from, see what they did, what worked, what didn't work.

The NRA members councils do exist across the state as well as election coordinators. We should reach out to them.

We should consider doing outreach at places other than gunshows, like actual shopping malls.

Many malls will allow tables to be set up as long as nothing is sold. I realize it is not the safe comfort of a gun show, we may actually have to deal with someone who is anti gun, but I think we can handle it.

An example of what we could do.

Run tables on weekends at major shopping malls promoting gun safety and education. Our message would be simple.

We believe that while we have a right to arms, we also recognize a responsiblity which is why we are volunteering our time to run firearms safety classes, especially for the children, because firearms safety is not being taught in our schools.

As calguns, we are not the NRA.(Not that I have anything against NRA).

Nicki