View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 8:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Chill dude, sounds like someone has HK envy.

So you've made your analysis about her needs and duties from one pic? You're pretty good! I'm sure she's been trained in the weapon's use and limitations. If I had to guess why they issue those to motor officers, it might be 'cuz the city council doesn't want them riding around with rifles on their bikes. That may sound far fetched, but they (the city fathers) pay for the guns, so they'll can decide how they're carried. The Silicon Valley has political sensitivities like everyone else.

Who said she'd never be clearing rooms? Being on a bike she has a good chance of being one of the first on scene of an active shooter. With LE's protocol of the first three or four officers on scene making entry to engage the suspect, her weapon would especially useful.

No doubt that weapon is just one of a number that rounds out the PD's tool box. There's no reason to get excited about a picture that was posted months ago.
yes Sir, I would love an HK... not the point.

I make a very good living from tactical analysis from just a few seconds look.

A department can issue her anything they want, a city counsel can do the same... and an expert in this field can tell them they are freaking idiots... so you need to chill as well.

Its the first time I have seen that pic, so I really don't care how long its been in existence.. I can show you a pic of a guy in 1965 using a rubber tube as a rifle sling... does that mean your analysis of his gear isn't valid? Again...you need to pop before you pop a vein over a thread on the net...LOL