View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 2:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock21fan View Post
so does this now mean locked transportation of long guns?
If AB1527 survives to the end of the legislative session (and there is no reason to believe that it won't) long guns will have to be transported in a locked case. This would be enacted January 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICONIC View Post
If I saw some guy walk into a Starbucks with an AR 15, I am thinking Spree shooter and I am probably going to take you down. What we need in California is ccw. Firearms should be concealed not carried in the open.
Yeah. You sound just like the CCW instructor that told his students that I would be a good shoot if they saw me openly carrying a handgun in public absent any other information. I'm glad he doesn't live anywhere around me either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coded-Dude View Post
do you also blame all AR owners for SB 249?
^This. It has the same net effect with the legislature as UOC did. The mere fact that such legal things exist is the justification for making it illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnre View Post
Next will be LUCC. Then that will be banned.

Well, maybe not banned. I tend to believe that the legislature will revisit the specified destinations and make it so you can only transport a locked firearm to and from a range, a hunting expedition, or a gun store.

This must end, and the begining of the end is gunowners not sniping each other over petty differences of opinion. Either you like guns or you dont... If you think that open carry, or assault weapons, or large cap mags should be regulated, you belong with the anti-gunners as much as the Brady camp.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche