View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 7:29 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

^
Nice. $ well spent.

Quote:
I like it. What kind of accuracy are you getting out of it with that scope? What stock tube is that? Finally, how do you like your light mount?
Did not measure groups on paper but was able to shoot gallon milk jugs constantly at 180yd away (LRF) with out any problem. Have not shot any further, next time out will.
Tube is Aluminum from CSS, Flashlight & mount is good, It's slimmer in profile then some other ones out there. I had to fabricate the mount as in stock form it won't work on Midwest Ind rail in the up position.

Quote:
Interesting piece, I'd like it better in all flat black.
Own others, few similar in black.

Quote:
Awesome build. Unique and best of all, it is what YOU want!
I'd do something similar if I had an AK.
Thanks, definitely, if you ever get one it's so worth it.

Quote:
Where did you get that brake from?
http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/guns_accessories.htm

@mrlonewolf
Yes, he designed the rifle in the 40's and it was fine back then. We don't live in those times so why would people be locked with that ideology mindset in modern times?
To each it's own I guess, I'm not here to explain why technology/innovation is a good thing.
Anyway, M. Kalashnikov never really was in charge of what he wanted in a rifle either. What Soviet/Russian higher command wanted then it was done. Even currently Russians try to upgrade their AK to somehow modern standard, even if they look a bit off.....at least they try to keep up.

Some Russian army units and police also upgrade their AK's over traditional. Yes, some even with American stuff.

Last edited by FiveSeven; 10-26-2011 at 6:20 PM..