View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:57 AM

I very rarely post, especially in the political side of the forum, but feel compelled to now.

One reason I rarely post here is that I would be just preaching to the choir. Unfortunately, the choir has seen more and more people just humming their own little tune.

We need to get back onto the same sheet of music: We are against any and all such legislation.

Don't be afraid to preach to the choir; that's how you get them to sing!

And don't be surprised by the inclusion of 22lr; they are setting precedent for future grabs.

I also see too many taking the same approach that LEO's are forced to---- doing their best to clean up after the crime was committed and file their reports on the dead bodies.

We know that they would like to -stop- the crime from occurring in first place. That's what we need to do now.

We cannot wait to see what we will do to exercise our rights under a new bill, or try to figure out how to fight it in court after its passage. We need to stop it from happening in the first place, and THEN BE READY to transition to a post passage fight.

Planning only a counter-attack means you're planning to be the first to lose. We need to be involved in -all- aspects of this battle; defensive fortifications, attack -and- counterattack. Only then can we hope for success.

We -are- on the defensive right now, meaning that we are on the wrong foot. But quietly hoping for the best will allow the worst. Remember, it's the loud, misguided, and oppressive few that are gaining ground.

Don't agree with past and upcoming rallies? That fine; contribute to the NRA-ILA. Disagree with the NRA? That's fine; join the GOA. There are options. The best being to take multiple approaches.

Just as long as you do saddle-up.

p.s. This not an attack on those of you who are obviously joking in this thread; just trying to do my part to get you all to sing.