Thread: Marin
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 4:52 PM

oh man prepare to be really excited.

first some basic background as I don't know what you know or not, if you are more knowledgeable of CCW skip to the next paragraph. Previously the county sheriff was in charge of issuing CCWs and it required that along with training, good moral character, and a good clause/ a specific reason why you need a concealed weapon were the requirements to obtain a CCW permit. The marin county sheriff while claiming to be pro 2A was very anti pro 2A and only approved 22 permits thus far mainly to judges, district attorneys and anyone else he likes with some political power. He denied the others by claiming that their good clause statements weren't good enough to want to protect their lives. For instance a good clause statement saying personal protection wasn't a good enough reason.

Peruta vs San Diego was a court case claiming it is unconstitutional to deny someone if they want a CCW for personal protection essentially trying to get rid of the good clause part of the CCW process. As of now that case is won by peruta and California will be a shall issue state! Unless the case is reheard by the 9th circuit court which it has already denied one appeal for a rehearing, and achieving the rehearing off the second appeal is unlikely, but possible. It could also go to the US supreme court. Again I believe unlikely, however there is still the slim chance.

So right now I am trying to get ahead of the rush for classes so I can be towards the front of the line with my paperwork and not add another year or two until I can legally exercise my 2A rights in public.

there are several threads that talk about it on this website with more information, but from what I understand this is all correct. Read those threads if you like but you're going to have to weed through a bunch of comments
Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Last edited by aodorisio; 11-13-2014 at 4:53 PM.. Reason: forgot a sentance