View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcanman View Post
Hi all, I have a few queestions? I am going to go pick up a new m&p15t in the next week that I recently ordered. My main question is how often do the folks at the range see these things and is it safe to go to a local range with it? Chances are that there will be LEO's there and the last thing I want to do is create a situation that draws attention to me. *** far as I know it is a legal AR and it definately has a BB on it and just to be safe I will never go to the range with anything more than a 10 rd magazine. I have already purchased some 30 round magazines set to hold 10 rounds, but I don't want to draw attention to anything that would arouse suspicion.

I am also printing out a copy of the letter that has been circulated with the Sacramento Sheriff Department in regards to these rifles. This copy will be in my case at all times just in case I would happen to need it. I don't drive like a maniac, I don't drink, and I don't do things that would attract the attention of the law. However, going to the range with one of these rifles could potentially put me in contact with someone that is against the ownership of the rifles.

One more thing, I do not plan to run out to the range on day one. My plan is do more and more research, then call the range I plan on going to and ask questions and then most likely join the range as a member. I have one in mind based on recomondations from friends, but I don't know how often they see these rifles and whether or not people pee their pants because of the big scary ar15.

thanks in advance for your help
Let us know which ranges you frequent, or plan to frequent. Then we can give you some real-world answers and observations. I usually go to Field Sports Park in South San Jose. I haven't been there in a while, but I've seen AR style rifles on many occasions, in different configurations, and no one was giving anyone a hard time about it.