View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 9:35 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
Ok, you are right, I glossed the OP and mistook this for the lawsuit to get the DROS lowered because there was a huge surplus - which said suit, preceded the legislative approval for them to do just exactly that, raid the till. So now there's a lawsuit to fight the law they passed implicitly to invalidate the suit that challenged the surplus to begin with. Yee haw. I have now fully read the OP and I do hope our side prevails but this is one I am not as confident in winning.

I expect them to try to make the case that background checks up front are one important tool to keep prohibited people from getting guns, and that APPS is an equally necessary tool to remove guns from people who BECOME prohibited. I personally have all kinds of issues with how the APPS program is being handled but having a team that performs that function is a natural and nearly eventual consequence of having firearms registered. Which makes it unsurprising to me that they eventually got around to requiring long arms to be registered as well as handguns.

I'd like to see us win, and do away with slush-fundiness, the APPS program (as currently implemented), and even with registration. I think that's kind of a tall order though.
If they want to have their APPS program then it needs to be funded thru the normal procedures and appropriated funds. If it's for safety of the general public.....then the cost must be shared by the general public......not my taxing gun owners who have done nothing wrong except to exercise their constitutional rights. The DROS fee is only supposed to be enuff to cover actual costs of the background check program. The fact that there was a surplus means we'd been being over charged for years. Then they turn around and claim they can't comply with the change to the 10-day wait because they have no money. Can't have it both ways.

It cost me $15.75 to renew my UT CCW. which includes making me a new card and mailing it to me....renewal app all done online BTW. Why does it cost CA $25 to run a single background check for a purchase?

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun

Last edited by Untamed1972; 02-12-2015 at 9:42 AM..