View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 6:54 PM

May i also suggest that you get 2 of those diamond dremel bits to use to connect the 2 #40 holes. I personally went thru 2, 1 1/2 to be precise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubrun View Post
Big thanks to all of the IE folks from the weekend! Everyone was more than generous and prepared prior to arriving which was crucial for things to go smooth.

The jig is ready to ship to the next region. Can a date be coordinated for a get together this weekend for the bay area? I don't know that at this date its possible to ship the jig from person to person with only 13 days.

A couple of things learned from the weekend:
  • You will not find the drill bits required at the local hardware store, so be prepared to order them
  • Used properly, you should get at least 4 inserts completed per set of bits, if not more.
  • Be prepared for a lot of filing and finish work after using the jig. If you don't spend the time here be prepared to take the FCU apart multiple times to fix issues
  • Make sure when you cut the slot between the two #40 holes that its perfectly straight and smooth.
  • Calgunners are a great community

Old Business:
A couple of things, please, please, please, read through all of the instructions at the link below completely before attempting to complete you're insert. There are a couple of important notes in there that can save you significant headache or broken drill bits/jigs. You don't want to be that guy that ruins the jig for everyone!

Step-by-step Instruction with Pictures:
http://80percenter.com/jsd-supply-p3...ert-completion

I want to address a new issue that is coming up... Now that the jigs are moving around people are asking to be added to the list as the jigs get to that region. Here is how I am proposing this is handled to be fair to the guys that have been on the list forever...

People wanting to be added to the jig use list:
If someone in the region hosts (such as jig hosts) the jig at their location for a day (read between the lines), I don't have a problem with new requestor's using it that day. If they want to be added to the list where the jig is shipped to them, or transferred to them in person, I propose that these new requestor's wait until the jigs have shipped through all regions and everyone that has been on the list has completed theirs.

Inland Empire: June 14-15
Jig Host:nubrun
lambduh
obpwankel
Sitruc
Jcarp03
Deedzman
razmataz
abcdef760
rmnc3r
superjover
Ocbc