View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 10:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Why no class action suit against California for DROS fees?

In the past week, I jailed three long guns. Because of politics-driven shortages, it was impossible for me to find the three firearms I wanted at a single dealer, so that means I had to complete three separate DROS forms and pay the damn $25 fee three times.

Everyone knows this is a scam and the DOJ is raking in a HUGE profit from DROS fees. They've already admitted it when they said they are going to use the millions in surpluses to fund their newly created disarmament activities. The reality is, there should be no fee attached to the DROS. Otherwise, how is it different than a poll tax? The state literally spends billions on all kinds of nonsense BS like entitlements for illegal alien law breakers, multilingual ballots for citizens who supposedly all speak English, all kinds of homosexual activism and promotion, and other nonsense, waste, fraud, and abuse. But WE lawful firearms owners have to pay an outrageously high fee every time we purchase a gun, even though it only costs a fraction of a cent for them to execute an automated database query. At the very least, it should have been a refundable deposit contingent upon you passing the check: if you pass, you get your deposit refunded; if you fail you forfeit your deposit as a fee.

But the bottom line is, even given that the state has determined that we have to fund the DROS process, how can the state be allowed to profit from it?
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed—where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake free people get to make only once." - Justice Alex Kozinski, 9th US Circuit Crt of Appeals