View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 7:50 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
Seņor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: IE, CA
Posts: 32,123
iTrader: 14 / 100%

Originally Posted by tangojay View Post
1) Will sending the lower receiver to my son in AZ via FFL suffice if CA gets stupider on laws or do I have to send the entire weapon?
Currently, in California, the definition of "firearm" does not extend beyond the serialized frame (other than in reference to prohibited persons in possession).
Merely separating the upper and lower legally renders the "firearm" no longer semiautomatic, therefor exempt from California AW laws.

If you do want to send your rifles to your son in AZ, they would have to go through an FFL, however, if you have a safe in his home that he does not have access to, you may hand carry and store your guns there. Probably the best option if you intend to leave CA soon.
- Rich

Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote