View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 9:33 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_DiveR View Post
Why do people keep jumping in with what they think the OP should or should not have, instead of just answering the original question? Maybe the guy is doing his research and found that a 6.8 would do what he wants it to do and is merely looking for other equipment options...

You guys that think your "G" is better... are you getting any kick-back or royalties by swaying people over to your side of thinking? Does the ammo, firearms, sporting goods, etc. companies pay you money to get into "discussions" (sometimes heated) about what is the better equipment??? Would a 5# rifle in .300 Win. Magnum be better for bench shooting out to a 1000yds than a 15# rifle? Would a 50 DTC kill ground squirrels better than a 22-250 at 300 yards? I simply don't understand the mentality...

Do you guys think that maybe... just maybe... equipment is designed for a particular purpose and the end consumer must make up their own mind whether that particular tool fits their purpose better than another??? Would you want to go to a car dealer to buy a car and the salesman is trying to convince you to buy a truck? If not than why jump into an OP's thread asking for info on a particular piece of equipment and suggest they are an idiot for even asking? Let the guy get his answers to what he is looking for and don't post if you can't contribute!

My apologies to the OP and others interested in the thread for the rant...
-- because friends don't let friends drive drunk, and friends don't let friends buy guns chambered in 356TS&W, either. We are free to voice our opinion if the intended purchase is not wise for a multitude of reasons. This could end up being the guy posting "help! I can't find 6.8 ammo" next year, and we could have saved him the trouble.

BTW, I only say this because the market for ammo and guns is volatile right now, and wrong decisions could end up costing us dearly if the future holds more nasty surprises. Besides, I said he could buy an 6.8 SPC upper if he was going to stockpile ammo and reloading components.