View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 8:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_cue View Post
thanks for all the additional info. we plan on visiting next month to see it in person. everything on paper points to ukiah. with San Diego being very diverse and a population of over a million and going down to 15000 will be a huge difference. and being Filipino slightly concerns me. I'm just hoping it's more in my head and not really a problem as I know we will stick out. not like we do anything bad to have to worry about but just hope with such a small place it's not unwelcoming. as far as jobs go, I've heard the same but i work where I can transfer basically anywhere in the state so that won't be an issue. we're still looking for hotel accommodations and so far going solely on yelp reviews, so if anyone can shed any light on a nice or at least nicer choice or which ones to stay away from that will help. also any local restaurant recommendations would be nice as well. thanks again for everyone's feed back. most have reassured me this will be the right choice. the negative comments seem to be a consensus and so far feels like it should not effect us for the most part.
Personally, I would not be concerned about being Filipino, I have never seen or experienced any prejudices here (that does not mean they don't exist like any community). But I believe you will be received as the person (and family) you are and not related to your heritage. Just my humble opinion.

Dan