View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 1:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I took the class yesterday with James and after a little bit of time and fielding questions from friends about the class, I think I'm ready to put in my 2 cents.

What was your past shooting experiences?
About 7 years firearms ownership, a few pistol training courses with some IDPA and a splattering of other things like trap/skeet and long range precision shooting. Only informal range time with an ar15.

What were your expectations coming in to this course?
I honestly wasn't sure what to expect as Eagle Defense is relatively new and so my bar was not set very high. I would have been happy enough with that much range time on my own just punching paper and doing whatever came to my mind.

Were those expectations met?
I came away very happy with the class. I can't speak for everyone else in the class, but I felt like James was not content to let me settle and constantly pushing me to get my groups tighter and faster.

What did you get out of this course?
I was already familiar with the effects of stress and adrenaline on my ability to shoot with a pistol, but it was nice to experience that behind a rifle. The trigger time behind the rifle also let me experience my gear outside of the couch environment so I could see how I can really run my equipment and what adjustments I need to think about.

What did you really enjoy about this course?
Experiencing some different drills and equipment to see how stress and muscle memory affected my ability to perform.

Anything you'd like to add?
This course was not a beginner course. Very basic things like grips, stance, hand positions, etc were breezed over. For someone with some firearms experience, it was nice that I didn't have to sit through too much of the very basics and the course never felt like it bogged down. The day continued on at a good pace. I think the best thing I could say is that I will be looking at James' other courses and will be attending them if my schedule allows.

Last edited by Kelvrick; 05-12-2014 at 1:33 PM..