View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Leo View Post
Can you curse here? Because I want to know how the fukc can someone shoot from 25yrds like that? What do you aim at? You can't aim directly at the bullseye, can you? Give me tips too.

Do you guys use the push/pull method to stabilize your grip?

And why the hell are snap caps so expensive?
I shoot with the sights on target. I tried the 6 o'clock hold and my shots always ended up low.

I do use the push/pull method to create isometric pressure to not only to have a steady hold, but to combat recoil for a quick follow up shot.

I am shooting the A23 target at 25 yards with the 1911, so the target is pretty large. I normally shoot the A23 at half the original size with my rimfire with just irons at 25 yards. That is when things get pretty darn small and it looks just like a large dot.

Not sure why snap caps are so expensive. I am guessing cause you rarely buy more than 1 pack in a particular ammo size? They are pretty nice though for dry fire training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBraking View Post
12 bucks on Amazon (shop42a.com) for five of them, maybe 13 bucks after tax? Free shipping? Not too bad. They're reusable (don't throw them away), and make great tools for practicing at home. Lets you safely dry fire so you can practice your trigger pulls.
I could be wrong, but Amazon typically only does free shipping on orders over $25.
Mossberg MVP 16.25" .308 / Maverick Model 88 Security 8-Shot 12ga / Hunter O/U 12ga
Sphinx SDP Black Line 9mm
Walther PPK Interarms .380
Beretta 950B Minx .22 Short

Last edited by Dattebayo; 05-11-2013 at 11:38 AM..