View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 6:14 PM
abuckner abuckner is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orange County
Posts: 89
iTrader: 0 / 0%

Originally Posted by Mssr. Eleganté View Post
I don't know where the thread is that he mentioned, but here is the rundown of what you need to do to receive a handgun from your parent or grandparent in California before you turn 21.

1. You need to be at least 18 years of age.
2. You need to have a Handgun Safety Certificate.
3. The parent or grandparent giving you the handgun has to be a resident of California (as do you).
4. Within 30 days of taking possession of the handgun from your parent or grandparent you need to mail in the intrafamilial handgun transfer report to CalDOJ along with a payment of $19. Here's a link to the form...
Thanks. Have a good new year!
Reply With Quote