View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 8:18 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
Non native tree Squirrels will take a ..22cb cap to the body or .22 short to the body and run off.

You need a head shot to kill them or an upper spine shot to anchor them
I'm not aware of anyone making CB Caps anymore. They aren't the same thing as CCI CB Longs. I've never seen a squirrel run off after being hit with a CB Long or .22 Short unless it was a gut shot. Even then, running off is improbable. Both will kill squirrels with ease. 29 grains moving at 710 fps (CB Long or Short) to 1,100 fps (.22 Short) is nothing to mess with.

Perhaps you're thinking of Aguila Colibri's or Super Colibri's which are similar to old school CB Caps. Those aren't very powerful at all. They're 20 grains moving at 420 or 590 fps respectively.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

Last edited by k1dude; 05-02-2018 at 5:23 PM..