View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 6:02 PM
Head Janitor

Default Welcome to the CA Election Forum

Welcome to the CA Election Forum.
No, this is not simply a discussion forum like the National Election Forums have been, this has a larger purpose.

Every year there are elections in our State, ranging from small local offices to larger State-wide offices like the upcoming gubernatorial election. The efforts we’ve made in the past and will make in the future to call, fax, write our Representatives are valuable and do help but we need to do more.

These efforts have limited effect because our ‘Representatives’ don’t really represent us, we need to change that.
We need to start taking and active hand in every election that occurs in our State. We need to find out who is running, where they stand, who supports our rights and who wants to further subjugate them. Once we know we have to pick a candidate to either endorse and support or to oppose. We need to get behind those we support and when possible work towards getting them elected. We need to also try to prevent those we oppose from getting elected.
If we don’t show that gun owners are informed, engaged and willing to act we will lose.
We need to work towards the day when our Representatives ‘fear’ us rather than us ‘fearing’ them. They need to feel that if they try to take our rights we will work to take their jobs.

The purpose of this forum is to start doing exactly that.
This is going to have to be a continuing and local effort. Finding out about the people running for offices in YOUR home town and Districts and making efforts locally to support or oppose them.
Make no mistake, I’m not talking about a simple task, it’s going to take effort and we’re not going to win all the time. We may not win at all at first but we have to try and we have to fight because California is not going to change unless we make it change. Social media has become a powerful tool; it’s time to use that tool. We all have reach in one form or another, it’s time to use that reach to protect our rights.

I might be wrong, there might not be enough people here who care anymore or enough people willing to fight.
However I don’t think I’m wrong at all, I think we’ve all gotten beaten down, disillusioned and unsure if anything we do can make a difference. I think we have more power than we think we do. I think 2018 is a damn good place to start showing that we’re not beaten down, we’re not giving up and win or lose we’re going to keep fighting on every level we can.

I don’t have all the answers and I can’t tell you how we’re going to do each step. But WE have the answers and WE can figure out the steps, working together.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.