Thread: San Bernardino
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 9:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_memo View Post
Hey guys, I'm finally going to apply for my CCW permit, and I have a couple of questions.

1) Regarding "good cause" as far as personal protection goes, would it be a good idea to include a home invasion that happened to me last year?

2) I am self-employed and usually travel with fairly large amounts of cash on my person. How would/should I go about proving that to them?

3) I'm not very clear on the residency requirements. I've lived in SB Co for over 10 years, but I do not have an official rent/lease agreement as I still live with my parents. Will this be a problem?

4)Last but not least, I have long hair and it is usually in braids. I does not look crazy or sloppy IMHO. My question is, will I be judged on my appearance?

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys for everything you do!
1) A home invasion robbery wouldnt have any relevance to carry licensing unless you could make a connection between being victimized by the assailants while away from your home (where it is lawful for you to be armed without a license).

2 + 3) It is a crime to lie on the application. PC26180(a) And no other forms or documentation may be required of carry license applicants. PC26175(g)

So, where does that put us in proving residency? I think it depends on an applicants willingness to accept some risk. If you want to follow their unlawful demands, you could have a letter drafted by your parents indicating that is where you reside- or provide some other bill with your name and address on it. But you are not legally bound to supply any of that under the statute.

4) Issuing agencies need something more substantial than appearance to deny someone a license to carry- Specifically- 1) good cause, 2) good moral character and 3) residency. If you were denied on the basis of what you looked like, it would without any doubt, be an epic lawsuit.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche