View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 3:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I got "profiled" this afternoon due to an NRA sticker and thought of this thread. I drove my old beater truck to work today as my wife needed the car. My pickup has an NRA sticker in the lower right corner of the back window.

I've had the truck for about a year and a half. It actually had the sun-faded remains of an old NRA sticker in the same place when I got it, but I recently replaced it with a new one.

As I was headed to the bank to get some cash for an errand, I noticed a silver Honda sedan hanging in my blind spot to the right rear. I don't like it when drivers do this, as this truck tends to bounce around due to being heavily sprung and the mirrors suck. I sped up a bit and slowed down a bit, but the Honda remained glued to that spot.

As I approached a red light, I noticed the Honda had moved into the left turn lane and rolled up next to my driver side window. A car full of women. I was minding my own business waiting for the light to change, but as the left turn light went green, the windows on the Honda went down and as the old GMC has neither A/C or a radio, it was easy to hear what was shouted as they turned left and exited the intersection.

"NRA murderer!", and a shrill voice from the back seat..."baby killer!"

I can say I was bit shocked, but not really surprised. I shook my head and went about my business. The sticker is not coming off.