View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 10:59 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutterduckhunter View Post
You might also consider CHP? You would more than likely be able to get there out of the academy or after your first year for sure. CHP is in CalPers and the retirement is still pretty good. If you get tired of the office you can transfer to another nearby office. Promoting is a good possibility with excellent pay. With some heavy OT you could make $100-130 k/year.
The one thing i really dont know is how much i want to be doing accidents and tickets though. I know they do other things but you know what im getting at. Maybe im wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman710 View Post
Escondido PD is hiring just opened up yesterday and only accepting first 200 applications. PM me if you want the announcement. Do not work FED LE, retirement is terrible...but hey its the government what do you expect! I'm stuck for more years than I can count.
Thats one thing im not sure is when i should apply or not because i am about 16 months away from my bachelors. Which i understand backgrounds and all that takes a while so i dont know if it would be better to apply now or to wait till i am closer to being done. I do know from the time my buddy applied to when he starts academy for sheriffs it took 14 months.