View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 11:45 AM
69Mach1's Avatar
69Mach1 69Mach1 is offline
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 15,092
iTrader: 408 / 100%

Originally Posted by xxG3xx View Post
doesn't look to bad with a car buffer but i wouldn't feel safe legal wise with that on there
There are no legal issues with using the original CAR tube. Here's an ATF letter.

We've discussed a lot about CA laws, so lets talk about Federal laws.
For you fellow calgunners who are interested in getting an AR pistol, here are some rules to follow so that you do not violate Federal NFA laws.

If you don't already have an AR pistol receiver, but do have AR rifles/receivers, DO NOT HAVE AN AR PISTOL UPPER OR BARREL LESS THAN 16in SHIPPED TO YOU. You'll need to supply a pistol upper to complete the pistol for DROS, so to avoid danger have it shipped directly to your dealer.
If you don't have any AR rifles or receivers, you should be OK. Having an AR rifle with possession of an AR pistol upper or an AR barrel less than 16 inches is considered constructive possession of a short barreled rifle unless you also have an AR pistol receiver.

If you do not own any AR rifles/receivers, once you have your AR pistol, if you happen to be in possession of an AR butt stock without the rifle (16in barrel) upper, it is considered constructive possession of a short barreled rifle.

If you do own AR rifles and you take possession of your AR pistol, you can be in possession of butt stocks because they are spare parts for your AR rifle.
HIT Armory
40 no. Central Ave.
Upland CA 91786
07 FFL
Law enforcement sales.
Custom AK builds.

909 985-0600


Last edited by 69Mach1; 11-29-2008 at 10:37 PM..