View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 8:05 PM

i just picked up my rifle today and immediatly cleaned it out and shot a box of ammo through it. at times i was able to shoot maybe nickel size one hole groups benched at 40 feet (i assume its feet, the ground was just marked 10,20,30,40) with stock everything. I took it home after and cleaned it out again since it was filthy after 500 rounds and weakened the sear spring and took the trigger return out completely. i was going to cut a coil out of the hammer spring but i was having some hiccups at the range so i didnt want to take the chance, i will explain what happened below after this paragraph. after my mods i dropped it, hit it, etc. and the hammer did not drop. i did hit it hard enough that the bolt flew back and ejected the round though...picked it up and pulled the trigger and it went click, so all seems well!

range problem:

i would load ready to fire and pulled the trigger

i felt the click but nothing happened

i pulled again felt a click, nothing again

pulled, click and boom...round went off.

im not too sure what was happening...maybe i wasn't pulling the trigger hard enough? im thinking if its human error i might have been squezzing and just felt a fake click and thought that was the hammer dropping but was mistaken?