View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 9:02 PM
WooHoo! Free at Last!
CGN Contributor

Wow! I was in the 3/73rd Airborne, 82nd ABN Div from 86-90. B co. We had Sheridans(M551A1) back then. I think they re-classified as the 5th when they got rid of the Sheridans.

I am heartbroken and feel the deepest sympathy for their families and loved ones, especially since I hadn't heard of this before. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I have to say, though that the time I spent with the 73rd(four years) I will never forget. I know those dudes, as 19Ds(Cavalry Scouts) they were the hardest chargen' M'Fers on the battlefield. That was what they lived for(at least I did, and I know they did too).

Let us not mourn their loss, but celebrate their gain as they sit in Fiddler's Green and enjoy a pint and share their exploits with Cav Troopers from the Civil War, through the Indian Wars, WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, panama, Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan, and now Africa and Sudan.

They lived and died as American Heroes and that is how we should remember them.

A Toast! To the Cavalry! And to those who have fallen in battle!
Hear!Hear! To the Grog!
[IMG][/IMG]

I will pour a beer for each of them tonight, as well as drink double and mourn their loss.

dammit, now my keyboards all wet and I can't see the screen. Damn allergies.

SCOUT'S OUT!

John Wheeler
1ST Sergeant, Retired
And in all fairness, just because JMB did it doesn't mean anything. He'd have won WWII with a soup can, a fork, and a couple rocks. Seriously, even McGuyver and Steven Hawking get together every now and then and are like "How the **** did he do that?..."