View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 1:36 PM

Can't go wrong with a Model 60. The only knock on the Model 60 in my eyes is the trigger. It gets better with age but will never be anywhere near is good as one of the aftermarket offering available for the 10/22.

This is the only rear upgrade to the Marlin trigger which is supposed to offer a little benefit over the stock plastic one. I will try one of these soon.
http://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail....56306&CAT=3603

One major benefit of the Marlin is the fact that it is tube fed. 22's by their nature are something that get fed very high volumes of ammo each range session. I don't know about you guys, but loading .22's starts to really suck after about 5 or 6 mags. With the Marlin, one twist of a Spee'd Loader (see pic) and you have 14 rounds ready to roll.

One last suggestion, don't over-scope the rifle. One reason is to obvioulsy keep the weight down. Also, keeping the scope objective to 28mm or lower coupled with low scope rings leads to a much nicer check weld. I am partial to the Leupold 2x7 rimfire scope. I cannot see any reason going over x7 for shots inside 100yds.

Reliable, accurate, blah, blah, blah. All that stuff has already been mentioned so I won't.

Oh yea, last thing, Turners always has Marlins on-sale for around $150. Gotta like that.