View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atto View Post
Don't Glocks already have an "integrated buffer"? I mean, doesn't the whole polymer frame flex a bit after each shot?
Yes. I can see where the slide strikes the frame. The is visible 'wear' from those impacts. This is very, very minor, just to be clear. I do NOT see it ever being a long-term problem. However, it is patently clear just by looking at the frame right where the front of the slide (the part that holds the recoil rod) impacts it that it does hit it and it does hit it hard enough to deform the plastic slightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadcoyote View Post
I thought the locking block was supposed to absorb all the damage (in the event the recoil spring is losing its strength/failing)? Does your locking block look chewed up at all?
Hmm thanks for that question. I'll have to look tonight. I don't recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorenut View Post
For a defense gun, you really can't beat all the real-world testing that Glock OEM parts have.
Agreed 100%. I wouldn't feel comfortable with this in a defensive gun, primarily because it's right there in the frame under the recoil spring. If it jammed into the spring/slide it could completely stop the gun and you'd have to take it apart to fix it.

My YouTube Channel