Thread: You Guys Rock!
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 9:18 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenSeven View Post
Usually love RG. I had a minor hiccup / miscomm with them a couple years ago, in the end it was no big deal once we talked.

Went there yesterday for the first time since the Sandy Hook incident and the ensuing craze, it was weird to see their barren display cases...

RE: my "usually" comment:

I have been very interested in a 22lr pistol for a while. S&W came out with a perfect (for my needs) model pistol.

Checked Turner's weekly ad and found it available and on sale, then checked if RG had the same pistol in stock.

Yep, RG has it available. Cool! Better RG than Turner's, right?

Wrooong.

RG declined to match Turner's price of $20 less...

It was not the refusal to match the price, but the "screw you, go buy it there" attitude from the sales rep I spoke to was really disappointing.

I completely understand that the sales reps at RG have probably been daily beaten to death the last couple of months with clueless newbie questions and are sick to death of them.

However, when a customer comes in and is interested in buying a specific item -right now- (I did not ask to handle the gun or ask any questions about it) that a competitor is selling a couple bucks less and you send him away?

You must have made a fortune in the recent frenzy...

You just irritated a person that went to your shop first before buying online.

If you had it and cost a buck or two more, I bought from you.

That just ended.
So because we politely told you we couldn't give you a 5% discount on a $399 firearm, which just happens to be the ONLY S&W model we have in stock at all, that automatically infers a "screw you" attitude If there is a problem with the demeanor of one of my sales guy I would like to know. Which sales guy was it? Send me a PM if you prefer.

www.riflegear.com

Last edited by shark92651; 02-25-2013 at 1:24 PM..