View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Head Janitor

This is a private forum.
I own it, I set the rules, I allow access as I see fit.
(Gee, I sound like ogre when I put it that way..)

You do NOT have a first Amendment right in a private venue.
Civics 101.
Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
See that part in bold?
That specifies who this Amendment is restricting, Congress, which means the Government, not private citizens.

Your 1st Amendment right to free speech is a guarantee against GOVERNMENT restriction of specific classes of speech and/or expression.

Your 1st Amendment right to free speech does NOT afford you any protection in private venues such as someone's home or business.

Think of it this way, if I come to your house and start spewing profanity in front of your child can you tell me to stop or to leave or are you bound by the 1st Amendment to just let me continue in your living room?
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.

Last edited by Kestryll; 10-02-2010 at 12:22 AM..