Thread: San Bernardino
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDREWMENDEZ View Post
MrBrent,
1.) The max a County can charge by law is $100.00, but don't expect a refund.
2.) Illegal, will be taken care of
3.) They can not limit the amount of guns 1 can carry. Did it give you the option to add an addt sheet of paper?
4.) and 5.) scratching my head on this one. I will look into it though.
The fees I paid were 3 cashiers checks. One for $112.00 the second for $110.00 and the third was for $30.00 for the Concealed weapons course. I don't remember which of the first two went to the person at the Live Scan window.

As far as the references and letters go I didn't have any problems once I determined who I wanted to ask to do this for me. It cost me several lunches as I took several of them to lunch to discuss and let them know how important this was to me and it must be kept confidential. I still think 7 references is extreme.

My neighbor was told I was applying for a CCW and she directly asked me about carrying a gun the next day so they did not use general questions in my case.
Lastly my employer received a very basic questionnaire (four or five questions if I remember correctly) and HR called me into her office and she asked a few questions. The letter specifically stated I was applying for a CCW no question about it. Luck for me she had just moved here from TX and it didn't seem to phase her at all. It has never been mentioned again at the office.