View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vu 308 View Post
Wow...How did you end up infront of the firing line?

No line RO?

Look at this VERY crude drawing...

The top ling line is our ridge, the bottom long line is the road down in the valley. The short lines at the top are the barrel directions, the short lines at the bottom are the targets at the first stage. My position is circled in red

Notice at the farthest stage the targets have moved way down the road and all the barrels have turned toward them, meaning the guys on the right are shooting in our direction. It wasn't directly at us, but it was uncomfortable enough that I scrambled up the hill to be at least at 90-degrees ot the axis of engagement. On one stage Randall actually had to shoot directly over my position. I moved uphill to spot off my cooler. His bullet path was mere inches off the rocks af the head of my mat.

I have never seen a more phucked up shooting line! Rule of 180? Gee, never heard of it!

It should also be noted that our RO never once checked clear and safe after any stage I shot. In fact, when I was done they just walked away. If it hadn't been for the safety-consciousness and maturity of all of the shooters, things could've gone very badly. I can't imagine how it goes in one of his classes with newbie shooters! Yikes!