View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehummerguy View Post
Correct me if I am wrong folks....but any gun needs to be 50 years or Older or on the BATFE C&R Roster.

Here is ATF's Q&A Page answer:

Q: What is a firearm curio or relic?
Firearm curios or relics include firearms which have special value to collectors because they possess some qualities not ordinarily associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

1.Have been manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof; or
2.Be certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; or
3.Derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or from the fact of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.
Sorry but you are wrong and need to be corrected. Being 50+ years old is one way for a gun to be C&R. Another way is to be recognized by a museum and therefore getting C&R status.

I'm attaching this CZ82 letter that was posted on Calguns a few years back. Obviously the CZ is not 50 years old (not even 30) but it is C&R due to #2 above.

You guys need to get better FFL01's to receive these guns for you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CZ82.pdf (117.4 KB, 15 views)