View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 11:19 AM

Went to check out Discount Gun Mart yesterday for the first time. I got there around 2pm so it wasn't crowded. As many have said, they allow steel cased ammunition but the bullet itself cannot have metal. The staff member, who checked me in (younger-looking male with a goatee) was very polite and helpful. He tested the bullets by placing a small magnet next to them. Unfortunately for me, all of the Russian ammo I had Tula and some Herters all stuck to the magnet.

Bit the bullet and purchased one box of their 7.62x39 PMC which was $23 each!! Had to function test my recently acquired WASR 10/63. Which ran like a dream. The Tapco G2 trigger is awesome.

The place itself is quite dark, so shooting hot Surefire .40 reloads was something. HUGE fireballs. One can argue that the darkness is good training for low-light situations.

The target system is nice. Have not tried the moving target system. Still like P2K better. I will however frequent DGM for handgun practice.

Clint Smith On Gun Safety [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Y7LIJm5gI ]
1. All firearms are ALWAYS loaded.
2. Don't point the muzzle at anything you're not willing to destroy.
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until you're on the target and ready to shoot.
4. Be sure of your target and backstop.