View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 3:38 AM

Default Good gunsmith for new barrel and action

I was hoping someone here would have a good gunsmith, preferably local to the la/oc area but will ship it if necessary. I want to have an old savage 110fcp 308 (the one with the mcmillan stock) re done. I'm looking to have either a curtis custom axiom (have one of these on my MPA and really like it) or a surgeon/defiance with a krieger or bartlein barrel installed. If they (the gunsmith) can supply the barrel and action, great. If not that's fine. Will likely add a trigger tech trigger while this is being done. I'm aware that what I am asking for is basically keeping my stock and throwing away everything else. This was my first, of many rifles, first firearm actually and its over a decade old. It has a fair amount of sentimental value to it and has been in my safe while other items have come and gone. I don't want to sell it, but the barrel is pretty shot out and the action is, well its a savage.

Would love any guidance or advice. If I am way off on what is possible please let me know for whatever reason I may have overlooked.

Thanks very much

Last edited by rwe; 08-05-2018 at 3:40 AM..