View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 8:45 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcuseMe View Post
So I guess I could just make your life hell for like a week or two. Maybe get you arrested, not sure. I just think the less info on the internet, the better. But to each their own.

Edit...

So I know your name, where you work, where you live, what schools you went to, your wife's name, what she does, what guns you have, some serial numbers, etc...

I imagine I don't like something you've said on an internet forum, I get super pissed off, because that is what the internet is all about... I call maybe local law or FBI and say "I just found blood on a receipt with <insert your name here's> name on it next to a gun with the serial number XXXXXX on it, next to <your place of business>, maybe you guys should check it out?

And then you've got cops or FBI coming to your work or your wife's work or whatever and asking about a gun, and then maybe they go to your house and they take you down town just as a precaution, etc...

I dunno, I'm just making up weirdo theories now.

I guess like I go spill some pigs blood at the "scene" and tell them I wrote down the serial of the gun but didn't touch it cause I'm afraid of guns! And that I think they should send a unit over!

I mean it just seems that if I want to take your serial number AND all of your personal information, I could just use it to make life suck for a little bit. I'm sure it would all be straightened out, but maybe you had to hire a lawyer or something. And the cops are like "how would this tipster know your serial number unless your gun was actually at the scene?"

It is a total long shot... but hey this is fiction, right?
Ya, the Gov/LEO are the ones with the tools to access your personal info through serial number. I hope none of the people I routinely tick off in my threads are LEO with a bad streak in them....... you can trace back so many of my posts and find so many serial numbers....... lol