View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 11:21 AM
(aka Hogswild)
CGN Contributor

Cool story bro #1

Helped a Veteran and his family "move up" to their dream home in Long Beach. Don't let an agent try and tell you your offer won't be accepted if you use a VA loan. (It happens a lot)

He was using his VA Benefit on his current home. Found the house they wanted and made an offer. The agent called to grill me and make sure I could get it done. Offer accepted.

They put their house up for sale and the day after it closed we were on the phone with the VA and got his entitlement re established so he could use a VA loan to buy the new home.

Buyers of their home agreed to let them stay two weeks after closing and we only ended up needing a week before we closed escrow on the new house and got them moved in.

VA rates are the lowest fixed rates out there right now. PM me if you'd like to learn more

Cool story #2

A young couple came to me for help buying their first home. They had some money saved but not a full 20% down.

We found a house with "good bones" that needed some TLC mostly cosmetic stuff and elbow grease but the house was in a great neighborhood.

I negotiated a good deal on the house and with 10% down I was able to get them a loan with mortgage insurance and a payment they could afford.

Fast forward six months

They'd done some fix ups and values had gone up in the neighborhood. I did a detailed analysis of house values and it looked like values had come up enough that they had a full 20% equity in the house. Rates were also a bit lower so I was able to refinance their mortgage at a lower rate, drop the mortgage insurance because of the increase equity, and lower their payment $139 a month

PM me if you'd like me to crunch some numbers to see if I can save you some money or help you find a house

Last edited by huntingsocal; 12-17-2018 at 4:06 PM..