View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Calguns Addict

Default Is this True or False about my laptop battery?

I've had a DELL Inspiron E1405 laptop computer for the last 5 years, or so...in that period of time I've had to replace the battery 3 times...usually it just gets to the point where it won't hold a charge very long, sometimes less than 10 to 15 minutes

An internet buddy I have told me that he thinks it's because I always keep it plugged into the power supply, and, I'm not supposed to do that...I just had to order another battery this week, because of the same problem, so, if that does happen to be true, i'll start unplugging it from the power source

I know very little about computers, sounds like a reasonable explanation, maybe some of you more computer savvy Calgunners can give me your opinion...the laptop itself is in excellent shape, I use it daily, other than the battery issue, it's been a very reliable laptop

Maybe 3 times in the last 5 years isn't bad, I don't know, but, for example, the battery in here right now has been doing this for over 7 to 8 months, not staying charged, its only now that I've decided to change it out...also, this happens whether its the DELL OEM battery, or, a after market battery

I would appreciate any input

Thanks