View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 3:47 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Gunman View Post
Eh. Who cares what they think. Europe is even further along toward being a failed state than the US is. I think it's great how they infer we Americans are a bunch of knuckle dragging neanderthals yet they have depended on the US for their security for years. We should pull all .mil personnel out of Europe and let them fend for themselves.

As to the "I have often wondered if the Apollo 11 crew took guns with them to the Moon, I find it hard to imagine Americans going anywhere without guns." comment...

Well, Americans did that, not Europeans. American stormed the beaches of Normandy, not Europeans. Americans invented the airplane, personal computer, telephone, radio, TV, GPS, the DVR, automatic transmission, laser, and f'ing bubble gum. EUROPEANS DIDN"T. So until you asshats start providing the world with more innovation than Americans do how about you STFU about us?

Sure wish I could post that on the other forum, but I'm not going to sign up for it.
Just to be fair with history, many of those inventions were from first generation Europeans in the US. Essentially, it's possible the inventions could have been invented in europe. Like the first auto. But, the matters remains, the EU is a pisshole. Like San Fran; nice to visit, wouldn't want to live there.

As to Normandy, US forces made up most of the invasion forces, but the Brits, Scots, Free French Canadians, Greeks, Czech, Polish and Belgium forces were right along side us, with some air support from the Aussies.
"Over-sentimentality, over-softness, in fact washiness and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people. Unless we keep the barbarian virtue, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail." - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote:
Would you people please stop bashing "Elmer Fudd?" After all, he was an avid sportsman, hunter, and 2a supporter. -Ed in Sac
NRA Benefactor Member