View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 9:19 PM
Veteran Member

That's a shame to hear about them. I bought an AR from them last summer because I liked their customer service, even though their prices were higher. A few months later I wanted a .22 rifle and they were glad to order what I wanted. They got 2, and though the one they put on the shelves was marked $170 they sold me mine for $160. Of course I could have saved about $20 at the Big 5 just down the block but i wanted to support a LGS.

That whiteboard was actually used, there were times that i overheard them calling people on the board informing them that an item had come it.

I haven't been there often lately since the Great Gun Shortage of 2013 because their inventory -already pretty sparse - had become virtually nonexistant. I hope the OP's experience is not indicative of how they'll be in the future. The one thing going for them was their service (and maybe the square footage) but if they lose that then there's no reason to go there. Back last summer when supply & demand was in balance, buyers & shops were on equal footing. The current situation gives shops more power, and those that abuse it leave a bad memory.