Thread: Cal Regs
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Moderator Emeritus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPirate View Post
excludes all handguns?? are you sure? i never saw anything about that! i know for a fact Tula Takarev tt-33's are C&R eligable. I think you're the one confused buddy.
He's talking about the net effect of both California and Federal law. Yes the Fed's have qualified that there are C&R's less than 50 years old, both rifles and handguns. Problem is you still have to meet state laws, and CA says only firearms of 50 y.o. or greater can be PPT'd without going through a licensed dealer.

Quote:
yes there is. It says so on the CA DOJ website. you dont need to go through a DEALER, you need to go through an FFL holder...a C&R license is an FFL license. You can only purchase C&R items this way, otherwise, what would be the point of having a C&R license if you had to go through a dealer? think before you post

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12070.php
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12072(d)
Where neither party to the transaction holds a dealer's license issued pursuant to Section 12071, the parties to the transaction shall complete the sale, loan, or transfer of that firearm through a licensed firearms dealer pursuant to Section 12082.
Have you even read most of this thread? I suggest you heed your own advice and
Quote:
think before you post
You also might want to check your attitude at the door.....

John