View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:21 AM

Default Women in the Sacramento Area (+or- 35 miles)

Ladies of the Sacramento / North Central Valley Area and you too, Davis.

There is a thing in Calguns called "C3" which is a Calguns Community Coordinator. I'm one, working with the guys of CGN in Sacramento to organize a stable CGN Monthly Shoot and other fun stuff like shooting leagues and barbecues.

We have a whole lot of people checked in from around the Valley and in the Norcal Forum, all yelling for people to shoot with. I know the demand for casual events is there, we just need a few good women and men to run it.

It can be rather simple. I, for instance, just decided where and when I thought a shoot should be, based on my favorite club and a day that happened to be convenient. Called up a couple of friends I shoot with anyhow and said "this is it". When I got to the range on the day, I got a big target, wrote "Calguns" on the back with a sharpie, and tacked it up near where I was shooting.

People just found their way to me. Cool! Six the first time, 10 the second time.

Now we have a lively chapter, establishing monthly shoots, casual weekly shoots, trap on Thursdays at a lighted trap range (!). With raffles and hats and T shirts and more, once we got established a little.

So this is where you jack up yourselves, your hubbies, wives, bf's and girlfriends and make it happen. No big commitment at first, just post where you'll be when, and tack up a sign. "If you build it, they will come". Once that starts to take hold you can email "PennysDad", the C3 honcho for more info and direction.

I'm pointing this to the women of the Sacramento Area because it's where I'm a C3. But the women of the rest of California, you can do it too. There is need for C3's in the Monterrey area and also I think in the Chico area.

Some women would like to be the only hen out shooting with 20 guys. But I get lonely and need some ladies to come out with us.

Anybody can PM me with questions. Uppity women unite !
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.

Last edited by BonnieB; 01-13-2013 at 2:25 PM..