View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 12:44 PM
CGN Contributor

P30L/S, P30sk, P30/S, HK45, and VP9/40 are all off-roster. So you'll pay a premium on top of the LNIB cost.

P2000, USP full and compact models are all on roster.

I really liked the results of shooting my USP9, but while the trigger was fine, the grips were just too big and blocky for comfort.

I ended up getting a P30L and HK45. The grips on HK45 and P30L ergo-wise both feel great--P30L has the edge. The P30L has a trigger with a long pre-travel and long reset--I'm still training on it. I still love my P30L, and will probably send it in to Gray's for a trigger job, but I haven't done it yet. The HK45 shoots nice out of the box, and is a softer shooter (IMHO) than HK45c.

If I were you, and you know why you want those guns (we don't need to find out if you want a range toy, HD, or whatever), I'd get a VP9/VP40 and HK45.
HK45 ergoes is great, it's not too heavy, it shoots smooth and trigger is decent. I stick with the P30L and HK45 because I prefer the fire control of a pistol with safety/decocker at the same time, and not either or.

P.S. about the P30L having problems on the longslide, there's a lot of youtube vids of the P30L having a problem cycling. Not sure if it's too strong of a recoil spring, or something else. My P30L has had no problems eating any FMJ ammo (reloads, fiocchi, wolf, a few others).

let us know what you get!