View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 3:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Glad this is still going.

My wife and I would have made it too our BOL between week 5 and 6. Once we get around Reno we're good to go. In fact I probably took an extra week to give Reno a wide birth because we are talking about week 4 in the equation and I don't want to be around that many people.

Arriving at our BOL would be a huge sigh of relief. Someone would have to get a vehicle running to get here or come like we did on bicycle \ horseback. Its hot here in July/August but we've got tents burried, an SKS, 10/22, and a bird gun (12 gauge) with plenty of ammo for all 3. Seed would be my first priority. Over the years we cleared spots for several gardens near springs and creeks. I need a growth spurt in before winter. I'm going expect my brother and his 4 followers to arrive in 3 or 4 weeks the same way I did - the hard way. I'll plant for them regardless as he would have done for me. I'll want to go hunting soon, but got to set up shelter, water filter, and dig a hole for the crap. Lots to do.....I'm not planning on leaving this area so there is plenty of time to do it.